Get ready for some fireworks, dancing and a lot of red and white attire because Canada Day is almost here and Sage Creek is hosting an extra special celebration for Canada’s 150th anniversary!
The community will be kicking off the event, which was planned by the Sage Creek Residents’ Association, starts at 3:00pm at Parc Ron Duhamel Park with a group water fight and a slip n’ slide!
“This is really a family-focused event because we really want to build community togetherness and allow everyone to get to know their neighbours beyond the friendly wave to them from the street,” says Lang Wong, Organizer and Sage Creek Social Committee Chairperson.
The excitement will last throughout the day with activities including:
- Live performances where you’ll have the chance to get involved and explore your theatre skills by participating!
- A Performance from Marquis Dance Studio to get your legs moving to the beat.
- A Market Fair with approximately 20-30 local businesses with their display set-up.
- Food Trucks to satisfy your taste buds!
- A Magic Show on the stage that will amaze you!
- A petting zoo located on Burning Glass Road to hang out with some furry friends.
The action-packed day for you and your kids will end off the incredible event with a spectacular firework show at 10:30pm that will surely amaze you! Everyone is invited to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown celebrations and celebrate Canada’s birthday in Sage Creek.
“We are inviting everyone from Sage Creek and the surrounding communities to come out and join us for our big Canada Day celebration this year,” says Wong and adds that last year’s celebration brought approximately 4,000 people.
In addition, you will have the chance to participate in the 150 things you love about Canada by signing a board and sharing your favourite things.
We can’t wait to see you there!